Wooden decks are popular additions to many homeowners' houses. They provide a comfortable outdoor space for relaxation and entertainment. However, to keep your deck looking beautiful and lasting for years, it requires regular maintenance. Painting or staining the deck is one way to preserve your leisure area.
For those looking to safeguard their property's longevity, Amruss Home Improvement proudly offers expert deck painting and staining services in Chicago, Illinois as well as most of the Chicago suburbs. Our company delivers dependable and top-notch deck coating and painting. With a team of experienced professionals, the use of premium materials, and a commitment to excellent results, we ensure your deck stands the test of time.
Difference Between Painting and Staining Deck
Staining and painting a deck are the two main methods of wood treatment. They have their advantages and disadvantages that should be considered when choosing a particular method.
- Painting is the process of applying a layer of paint to the wood's surface. It provides a thick protective coating. However, it may peel or crack over time, especially if applied incorrectly.
- Staining (tinting) is the process of applying a layer of tinting compound to the surface of the wood, which does not create a thick coating but only gives the wood the desired color or shade. This method provides a more natural look to the wood and requires less maintenance.
- Here, at Amruss Home Improvement, we use the following types of stain: semi-transparent, transparent, semi-solid, solid, and deck and dock coating (the thickest type of covering). The stain can be water-based or oil-based. The most popular type is a water-based stain. We use transparent and oil-based stains only for decks that were not stained before and are no older than 5 years, as recommended by the manufacturer.
- For the best result, Amruss technicians use the airless sprayer when staining decks; brushes and rollers can be used for some of the areas as well.
What to use: solid or transparent stain?
The decision depends on your goals and the current coverage status of your recreation area.
- Solid stain is best suited for decks that are exposed to intense sunlight or other unfavorable environmental factors. The durable coating protects the wood from burning, cracking, and rotting. This type of treatment is great if your wood surface has serious defects, needs repair, or you want to change the color.
- Transparent and semi-transparent stain is better suited for decks that are located in shade or other sheltered areas. Tinting provides a more natural look to the wood and will not require frequent refinishing. This treatment is usually used when the wood is still in excellent condition and you want to preserve its natural beauty.
Professional Deck Staining and Painting
Staining a wooden deck is a time-consuming process that requires some skill and knowledge. Therefore, it is best to entrust the work to professionals. The professional services of a deck painting and staining company have a number of advantages over doing it yourself. These are:
- Quality. Professional painters have the experience and skills necessary to ensure high-quality work. Appropriate materials and tools are used to achieve the desired result.
- Speed. Professionals can complete the job faster than an average person, allowing you to enjoy your updated space sooner.
- Improved deck appearance. A skilled approach can add vibrant color and texture to your home while concealing any wood defects, such as scratches or stains.
- Satisfaction upon project completion: Professional companies will ensure that your deck will look great and last for years.
Deck Staining: Painting Services
When you need a professional deck painting company nearby, contact Amruss Home Improvement. Our deck staining services in Chicago, Illinois, and the suburbs, compare favorably with the competition thanks to:
- A team of experienced professionals with a wealth of experience.
- Individual approach to each client.
- Application of high-quality materials.
- Personal consultation on the choice between painting and coloring.
- Affordable prices for deck staining
Ensure the well-being of your wooden deck by taking proactive steps. Reach out to us, and we'll be happy to help you restore its attractiveness and protect it from external influences. You can be confident that your wooden deck will look fantastic and serve you for many years. Contact us at your convenience to learn more about our services and receive a free consultation.